ProLiteracy Worldwide is an educational organization that champions the power of literacy through its programs and publications, training and professional development services, research, and advocacy. ProLiteracy works together with members, partners and the adult learners they serve, and with local, national, and international organizations that have common missions, goals and objectives. The Organization is instrumental in building the capacity and quality of programs teaching adults to read, write, compute, use technology, and to learn English as a new language.
Senior Marketing Manager
ProLiteracy is well-positioned for a new stage of growth with marketing and communications at its core. The Senior Marketing Manager is a new position recognizing this essential function in the future of ProLiteracy. We are looking for creative thinkers with marketing and communications expertise and impeccably high standards to consider joining our team as we leverage the power of marketing and communications to scale the impact of ProLiteracy.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing integrated, multi-platform marketing programs that support adult literacy education. The Senior Marketing Manager must have an understanding of the full range of marketing channels and the ability to combine that with excellent analytic and communication skills. They must possess solid teamwork skills as they will be working with a team of department leads as well as colleagues from around the organization. A background in nonprofit marketing/ communications is preferred. The Senior Marketing Manager will be a hands-on team member who contributes daily to the marketing team’s development and execution of marketing tactics that support the overall strategic vision of ProLiteracy.
- Serve as the department lead for all internal and external marketing campaign.
- Oversees marketing briefs and manages campaign deliverables, directing designers and content contributors, creating alignment across all internal stakeholder groups, managing budgets and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of multi-channel marketing plans that include email, paid, digital and web content, as well as traditional media to support marketing and education campaigns.
- Work with programs, publishing and development departments to develop high level key messages for campaigns and translate these messages into social media posts, email copy, landing page content and paid digital copy.
- Work directly with department leads to promote content to key audiences: donors, members, customers, partners and other stakeholder groups.
- Develop and execute against marketing briefs and provide creative direction and strategy on projects.
- Identify metrics across marketing campaigns to evaluate effectiveness and overall campaign performance; report back to management and external stakeholders; adjust future tactics and campaigns as needed.
- Translate campaign performance and marketing assessments into strategic opportunities for innovation and growth.
- Establish and implement repeatable and scalable processes and project management for marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to establish and maintain a consistent brand and constituent experiences across all digital platforms.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the marketing division. Monitor and control actual performance against the annual budget.
Education And Experience
5-10 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in the marketing field. College degree preferred. Solid background in communications/marketing and digital marketing. Strong writing skills with the ability to draft content for a variety of platforms. Strong organization and management skills required. Experience with relevant tools: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, content management systems, customer relations management systems, email management tools (E.g. HubSpot), project management software (E.g. Basecamp), social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube). Strong analytical experience in developing digital marketing metrics. Ability to work effectively across functions and teams.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. ProLiteracy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email resumes to HR@proliteracy.org