About a month ago, we hosted our best conference yet!
The ProLiteracy Conference on Adult Literacy unifies individuals and organizations that are enthusiastic about addressing the literacy challenges and education needs of adult learners across the country and around the world. Our conference helps attendees discover innovative instructional tools and strategies, implement dynamic programming, and enhance management and leadership skills.
The 2017 ProLiteracy Conference on Adult literacy took place September 27 – September 30 at the Radisson Blu Mall of America in Bloomington, MN, just minutes away from Minneapolis. About 500 diverse, frontline literacy providers came together to learn, network, and grow in their ability to affect positive change for adult learners.
The Perfect Pre-Conference
The ABE Volunteer Management Pre-Conference was a great success with 119 attendees from 25 states. The day-long training, hosted by Minnesota Literacy Council, took place Wednesday, September 27.
The ABE Volunteer Management Pre-Conference was designed for programs that rely on volunteers, and highlighted various topics including:
- Trends in Volunteerism … How Will They Affect Your Program?
- Doing More With Less: High Impact, Low Effort Professional Development for Tutors
- Empowering Volunteers to Become Advocates
- Worthwhile Tasks for Classroom Assistants
- Other topics include refugee resettlement, diversifying your volunteer base, dealing with difficult volunteers, volunteer management basics, and volunteer recognition ideas.