Here are some of our workshops from the 2017 Proliteracy Conference on Adult Literacy.
Click on any of the linked workshops below to view their PowerPoint presentations from conference. We will continue to add presentations to this list as they come in.
- Theory to Practice: How a "Theory of Change" Drives Results
- Blended Learning for Adult Educators
- Learning Circles for Adult Basic Education (including ESL/ESOL)
- The Member Toolkit: 12 Marketing Tools Every Successful Literacy Program Needs
- Money Balling Adult Literacy: Communicating Success Through Data Visualization
- ProLiteracy’s New Basic Literacy and ESL Tutor Training (Presentation handouts)
- Tools for Adult Literacy through Libraries
- Expanding Access—Developing a Curriculum to Use with CBOs
- Integrating English Language Learning into Business Development for Refugees and Immigrants
- Collaboration + Innovation = Success
- Why Your PR Plan is More Important than Your Fundraising Plan!
- Stop the Grant Writing Madness! Create a Sustainable and Diverse Fundraising Plan
- Improve the Ability to Comprehend by Teaching Students to Develop Questions
- Recipe for Teaching Reading—Order Matters
- Tackling Reading Difficulties (Dsylexia) With Phonological Awareness
- News Literacy: How to Help Learners Tell Fake News From Real. Handouts: Don't Fall for Fake News, Evaluating Fake News, Ten Questions for Fake News. Poster: E.S.C.A.P.E. Junk News
- Adult ESL for Manufacturing: A Brief Guide to Contextualizing ESL. Handout: Adult ESL for Manufacturing
- Empowering Volunteers to Become Advocates
- Adult Education Roundtable Coalition
- Community Foundations, Literacy Coalitions, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, and Family Literacy Programming
- Examining Adult Learners’ Digital Problem Solving in Libraries Using A Learning Typology Handouts: University AZ - Graphs, University AZ - Find the Error
- A Regional Model for Supporting Literacy Providers Across Wisconsin Handouts: Membership Requirements and Benefits, Site Visit Template, Site Visit 2, RLC Position Description, Annual Demographic Survey, How would the structure in your state look?
- ETS High School Equivalency Testing (HiSET®) Program Updates
- How to Improve Outcomes for More Learners Using Social Mobile Games
- Diversifying Your Funding Sources